Wednesday 7 January 2015

Happy New Year (Belated).....

Hi Folks... I know we're well into the beginning of January, but as this is my first post of the year "Happy New Year" to you all...
Today's post is also the first post of the year for the Creative Expressions Design Team after our brief break over the Christmas and New Year holidays!!!

So, with a whole new selection of stamps and goodies to play with, here is what I've come up with for today....

To start off, I cut out the Spellbinders Die Fleur de Elegance (S4-475) in Black Card Stock

cutting out the centre using an Oval Die to create a frame.

Adding some Gilding Wax (Graceful Peach) to the frame to give it a metallic finish.

Next, I cut out the Fleur de Elegance Die in White card stock

and stamped my image using Black Archival Ink

and layered the Black frame directly over the White one to create my Photo frame effect.

This was mounted onto my prepared base card

to which I added a complementary bow

and some Pearl PVA Glue to create a "rivet" effect on the metallic frame..

Next, I printed my sentiment onto some White card, cutting it out with a Circle Die,

creating a frame with 2 Circle Dies on some Black card stock,

adding some Gilding Wax to achieve a Metallic effect as before.

mounting this around the edge of my sentiment

and then applying it to the project.

The sentiment frame was then finished off with the PVA Glue to create "rivets"...

to tie the whole project together....

Thanks for checking us out
See you soon
Andy

Ingredients used:
Spellbinders Die - Fleur de Elegance (S4-475)
Spellbinders Die - Classic Ovals Large
Spellbinders Die - Classic Circles Large
Cosmic Shimmer PVA Glue - Black Pearl
Creative Expressions Gilding Wax - Graceful Peach
Creative Expressions Stamps - The Triplets

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Andy and a lovely card to kick off with. I love the rivet look.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning a really super card and wonderful instructions so easy to follow
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete