Wednesday 12 November 2014

The "Two" Days of Christmas....

Hi folks.. No, not a typo... It is the "Two" Days of Christmas.. I don't think my imagination can stretch to the full "Twelve" Days of Christmas just using my Dance Stamps..

That said, I have managed to pluck some inspiration and put them to good use....

We have Ten Lords A-Leaping

and Nine Ladies Dancing...
As there are soooooo many elements to these projects I have decided to use the stamps with some Shrink Plastic.. Using them in the size that they are would have just been too impractical...

I started off by stamping my image onto some White Shrink Plastic using StazOn Ink.

And then roughly cut around my image.

I left a uniformed border just to make it easier, not quite sure I have the patience to cut all the images out exactly!!

When you are ready, it's time to shrink them with your heat gun or pop them into the oven. If you've not tried this technique before, don't panic as they start to shrivel...

They'll usually unravel themselves and shrink to 1/7th of the original size, although you might get a few that stick on themselves... Just a learning curve....

To prep my base card I took some patterned paper and some Glitter Velum.

To adhere one to the other I prefer to spray the card stock with an adhesive as opposed to spraying the Velum. This way, the card stock should soak up any water in the Adhesive and hopefully not show through onto the Velum. Doing it the other way around tends to show the Adhesive on the Velum.

Once you stick the two together, the image from the backing paper should still show through.

I repeated the process for my sentiment.

Then attached my "Leaping Lords"

You can see just how tiny they are compared to the original image...

An upside down bow, idea courtesy of Phil Martin, and the sentiment

And there you go....

I also had a go with some of the other dancing stamps, just because they tied in with the theme...

Quite unusual I grant you,

but a great way to put your stamps to good use...
Thanks for checking us out.
See you soon.
Andy

Ingredients used:

Black StazOn
Shrink Plastic
Creative Expressions Stamps; Quick Step, Top Hat & Tails, Argentine Tango, Salsa, American Smooth
Creative Expressions/Sue Wilson Die - CED3013 Holly Spray














3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!
    Fabulous cards Andy - love the 'Lords a leaping' and that bow looks stunning.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy,
    My first comment on your blog, but I have been looking for a while now. I just what you have done with the dancers so clever.
    Lydia
    X

    ReplyDelete