Wednesday 5 November 2014

Spotlight Dance....

Hi everyone. Well, today is my first post for the Creative Expressions Design Team.... Excited much!!!!
I've been wanting to use some of these goodies since they were launched, primarily because I have a Sister with a Birthday coming up who is an uber Strictly Come Dancing fan... Well, her Birthday isn't until Tomorrow, so I'll wait and share with you the project I have made for her then...

So, shall we make a start?

First of all I made my own mask using a Triangle die.

The Mask (White card stock) was cut to the same size as my base card (Black card stock) would be, you'll see why in a minute...

I applied my Antistatic bag to the Black card stock

and then laid the Mask over the top, so that just the Triangle is visible, this is why the card stock were cut to the same size...

Next, apply Perfect Medium to the Triangle area. The mask should keep the Perfect Medium from going into other areas..

Pay particular attention to the edges so that the Perfect Medium covers the whole area.

Remove the Mask and you should have a Triangular area covered with the Perfect Medium.

As I've already applied the Antistatic Bag to the Black card stock prior to adding the Perfect Medium I can go straight ahead and add some Mica Powder, I've chosen to use Blue Pearl on this occasion.

Take a brush and add it to the Black card stock.

If you have applied the Antistatic Bag, the Mica "Should" only stick to the Perfect Medium.. Although sometimes sticky fingers can attract the Mica too... Also, if like me you're a bit over zealous with the Perfect Medium then you might get a bit of a wonky edge, but a small pencil rubber should help to tidy things up a little bit. Also, if you miss a little bit, like I have at the top, you can add a little bit of Perfect Medium back onto the project and add some more Mica Powder...
As the Perfect Medium attracts Mica Powder we can use it to our advantage.

Ink up your chosen stamp with the Perfect Medium

and stamp your image..

As I said, Perfect Medium attracts the Mica, so for this additional technique, it's taken the Mica away leaving a silhouette of your image...

One tip I can offer is to clean your stamp straight away, a baby wipe should be sufficient. If you leave it too long it can be hard, but not impossible to take the Mica/Perfect Medium combo off..

Your image and the Mica will need to be set so that sticky fingers don't remove all your hard work! A Cheap generic Hair Spray or Crafter's Companion Spray and Shine will do the job.

I've stamped my sentiment with Perfect Medium and then brushed over the Mica Powder. Don't forget to add your Antistatic Bag first though to keep your image nice and crisp...

This was then added to the project...
Just a last finishing touch...

Take some Creative Expressions Small Circle Dazzles and apply a complementary colour using an Alcohol Marker Pen.

I found it easier to apply the colour whilst the Dazzlers were still on the packaging as it kept them in place whilst I coloured them and not whizzing around my craft mat!!

Then, apply them to your project with some Creative Expressions Glue...

And there you go...

I also completed a similar project using another of the Dance Stamps... Adding my own sentiment to complete the project...

So, enjoy your time in the spotlight and give it a go...
Thanks for checking us out.
See you soon.
Andy.

Ingredients Used:
(Blue Card project)
Cosmic Shimmer Glue
Small Circle Dazzlers
Mica Powders - Set #2 (Blue Pearl)
Perfect Medium
Argentine Tango Stamp
Step by Step Sentiment Stamp Set
Antistatic Bag

(Gold Project)
Vintage Gold Buttons
Mica Powders - Set #2 (Gold Pearl)
Perfect Medium
Vintage Gold Buttons
Top Hat & Tails Stamp
Creative Expressions Vintage Gold Card Stock


























4 comments:

  1. Andy, the finished cards are fabulous. I love the colours you have used but the "Top Hat" image has to be my favourite as I love Astaire movies.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thank you for showing how these cards were made, I am a fairly new stamper, and would not have worked out how they were made. Great tips and I am looking forward to following your blog.
    X Ros Hodgkins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Andy,
    First of all can I say what Fabulous Cards, and Thank You so very much for the very informative breakdown on how you achieved your Cards, I Love the use of Mica and The Dance Stamps and using your Pens to change your Dazzlers to match your creation.
    I shall be checking in more often.
    Take Care
    Hugs from
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andy
    A brilliant idea to use the stamps and mica powder - going to give this a go once I can move technique Christmas cards out of the way!!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete