Wednesday 19 November 2014

First Dance....

Hi folks.. As its Wednesday, it's time for another post for the Creative Expressions Design Team...
I'm still working with the Dance Stamps.. As you may recall in my last post I used them with a Christmas theme? Well today we head in another direction..... Weddings...

Although I've made this project into a card I have no doubt that it would also make a pretty decent Scrapbook page....

I started off by cutting out the Taylored Expressions Die - TE194 MR & MRS.

It has such great detail,

and looks great when backed in a coordinating coloured card stock...

I then stamped my image with Archival Ink and cut it out.
These images are fantastic, although to provide for shading etc some of the lines are not complete, so when the images are cut out they appear to be missing the edges...

If you take an Alcohol Marker and run the nib around the edges then it will "tidy" these up for you.....

It will also soften any "tufty" White edges created when cutting...

Next, I cut and embossed 2 images using the Spellbinders Die - Fleur De Elegance (S4-475)

Attaching one of the images sideways across the back of the "MR & MRS" image..

With the second shape, I cut it in half

so that when it was attached to the back of the "MR & MRS" image lengthways the edges were still visible.

The frame and the dancing couple were then mounted onto my prepared base card which I had embossed using the Creative Expressions/Sue Wilson Large Embossing Folder - Eternity (EF-024).
Adding some Small Circle Dazzlers

and my own Glitter Paste Flower.

I'll share how this was made in a future post... It's pretty effective I hope you'll agree?

So, there you go... If you have a Winter Wedding to go to or even one planned next year, there's another use for your dance stamps....
Thanks for checking us out.
See you soon.
Andy..

Ingredients used:
Taylored Expressions Cutting Plate - MR & Mrs (TE194)
Creative Expressions/Sue Wilson Large Embossing Folder - Eternity (LF-024)
Spellbinders Die - Fleur De Elegance (S4-475)
Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Paste - Aurora Sparkle
Creative Expressions Small Circle Dazzlers
Creative Expressions Stamp - Argentine Tango
Ranger Archival Ink - Black

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Andy. That glitter flower is beautiful and the petals look so delicate.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy,
    what anadorable wedding card. I love it!
    ELFi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Andy, I really like your wedding card, and maybe changing the flowers it can work for most of the year. The embossing folder is one of Sue's best. Thank you
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete