Tuesday 31 July 2012

So, how was it for you?....

Your weekend that is!... What did you think of the Olympic opening ceremony..? Was it worth staying up for? The answer, in our household and from all of our customers I spoke to over the weekend, was a resounding YES!!!... What a way to put the GREAT back into Great Britain.....
Amongst many, many highlights for me was the transition from a green and pleasant land
into the industrial revolution
into the digital age..
The lighting of the flame... Genius, unique, beautiful!!!
But it was when this lot came into the stadium that did it for me.... And the reception they received!! Who says the British are quiet and reserved!!! I didn't manage to get any crafting done over the weekend as it was Club Members Weekend and we were too busy.. But I did prep something last week for Today's post..
So, here it is... And if you fancy giving it or something similar a go, here's a step by step...
To start off with, I placed a piece of 290gsm card stock onto my Grand Calibur base plate
and then placed a piece of 160gsm card stock directly on top.
Then added my chosen cutting die,
followed by my tan mat
and then completed the "sandwich" with my Grand Calibur Embossing plate and then passed it through my Grand Calibur machine.
What you will notice is that the die cuts into the 160gsm piece of card stock but only leaves an impression in the 290gsm card. Which is what creates the finished effect.
Carry on positioning the die around the two pieces of card stock and passing it through your machine until you have created your pattern.. Remove the 160gsm card stock and take a look at what has been created on the 290gsm card stock.
I know, not much to see here,
but with the addition of some Ink!!
Notice how the detail of the die has been transferred onto the card stock, without being cut. Faux embossed I guess!
I matt and layered the image onto some complementary card stock
before glazing each of the images with Glossy Accents
which brought them to life even more....
Finishing the project off with my sentiment.. It's quite a simple technique but the possibilities are endless and really give a new lease of life to some of your dies... Go on, give it a go and see what you can come up with... Thanks for checking us out, see you soon. Andy.

2 comments:

  1. Our Olympic flame is pretty amazing; isn't it. So much better than a big 'dish'.

    Love the subtle effect of the card Andy - really lovely.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed up and watched the whole ceremony, the entire evening kept me interested. I was convinced that when Bond went in to collect Her Maj it would be a faux Queen. But no, what a good sport she is.
    What a good idea you have given us with the double layer of card.
    Hugs
    Cally

    ReplyDelete