Tuesday 1 May 2012

Say it with Flowers....

Hi gang. I hope you had a good weekend? Tuesday again, so that means it's time for another Cuttlebug Blog Spot Challenge. This week’s theme is, Flowers. It's Mother's Day in the States (where the Cuttlebug Blog Spot hails from) on 13th May. But, seeing as we in the UK have already celebrated this event we were able to be quite open on the theme.. So, I guess you couldn't get much further away from Mother's Day than with....
A Christmas card!! I did say at the beginning of the year that there would be a few random Crimbo posts popping up now and then... Just to give those, who want to get ahead of the game, some inspo to get those Crimbo cards done and out of the way. And with the cost of postage going through the roof, I guess the sooner we get them made, the quicker we can send them out using second class post and save a little bit of bish bosh (dosh - Money £).
To make the Poinsettia's I punched out my shapes using the McGill Punch Star Lily (64511PS) onto some Red Pearlised Paper. Each time you punch you will get 4 different sized petals.
To make 2 full Poinsettia's you will need 8 sets of petals.
Shape each petal using a Ball Tool and a Rubber Mat,
and then add a little more dimension by manipulating each petal with a pair of Tweezers.
Next, punch out 2 shapes using the McGill Punch - Crystal (64510PS),
shaping them with your Ball Tool and Rubber Mat.
Take 4 of the largest petals and attach them to one of the Crystal shapes on alternate ends,
then take 4 of the second largest petal shapes and attach them to the other 4 ends.
With the second Crystal shape, add 4 of the third largest petal shapes,
alternating with the smallest petal shape.
Until you end up with a large and a small Poinsettia.
Layer the smaller Poinsettia to the larger one, adding some Gold Beads to the centre.
Repeat this process for the second Poinsettia... I guess its then up to you what you do with them!
I chose to add them to a card to which I had added; leaves which I had cut from the Spellbinders Die Set Foliage (S4-328), a Flourish which was cut from the Cheery Lynn Die Mega Flourish Two (B169) and my sentiment which was cut from Spellbinders Labels Twenty Two (S4-346). So, that's another Crimbo card to add to the pile.. I think I'm up to 20 now, how are you getting on with yours? Don’t forget to hop on over to the Cuttlebug Blog Spot to see what my fellow Design Team Members have created for this week’s challenge. Thanks for checking us out. See you soon Andy.

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Andy. The poinsettias look very effective.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super idea!!! A flowercard for all occassions! Love how you made the flower, you are a true artist!!

    Love,
    Jannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've made the flowers Andy and your card is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this tutorial. I have the punch, I just needed the tutorial. Anni

    ReplyDelete