Tuesday 14 February 2012

Just for you.....

Hi Blogland... And, "Happy Valentine's" Day to you all.. I wouldn't say I was an old romantic at heart. A loving gesture every day does more than a forced act once a year for me.. That said, Valentine's will come and go very quickly, and I have done all of the cards for this event I am going to make,so, it's a "Just for you" card today...
You know when you know you have just that perfect piece of backing paper? Well, that was the case for this project..I've had this basket weave paper for a couple of years now, and what better way to use it than with a .... Basket of course...I cut a piece of it out using the Marianne Craftables Die Daisy Basket (CR1207). As the paper is rather flimsy, I also cut the die out in some card stockso that I could back the two shapes together to give it some stability.I wanted to add more texture by way of some additional weaving; I cut some strips of card stockand started to weave them through the basket.Sealing down the edges,before cutting off the excess card stock. Pretty effect eh?I wasn't 100% sure where I was going with this project! Was it going to be for Mother's Day? A basket full of Choccie Eggs for an Easter card? Both do'able ideas, but once I had found my image I knew where I was going!So, once stamped, coloured and glazed,I snipped off the basket handleso that my image could sit proudly in the basket.Spring on a plate! Well, card anyway!!
Enjoy your day, and thanks for checking us out, see you soon..
Andy.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Andy and so useful for a variety of occasions. Love how you did the basket and the colouring of the image is so pretty.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card! I love the basket, it looks so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the basket idea so cute, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete