Saturday 28 January 2012

Love Hearts.....

Hi everyone, I hope your weekend is getting off to a good start? Almost at the end of January now!! Wow! where has that Month gone? So, February arrives next week, the Month of Love, which means Valentine's Day, is not too far away!!So, with that in mind, here is a simple, but effective little Valentine's card to make for the one you love...I cut out the two largest shapes from the Spellbinders Heart Circles Die (S4-316) using Red card stock. I also cut out the corresponding sized circles in White card stock using the Spellbinders Classic Circles Large Die (S4-114).And layered all of the shapes together.
For the centre I tried a few different dies, just to see which one worked best...The La Rue Heart...Nope!!The La Rue Flourish...Nope!!!Or the Quinn Flourish...Could be!!.. Is anyone getting a bit of Déjà Vu about Hong Kong Phooey?? No? Well, I guess you have to be of a certain age!! to appreciate where I'm coming from.. This is Rosemary, you're telephone operator!! OK, I'll stop now....
So, Yes the Quinn Flourish was the Die I went with, placing it in the centre of the previous dies I cut. These were then positioned on to my base card to which I had added some of the "waste" Hearts which were left over when I cut out my Heart Circles...To add some Valentine's sparkle I added some Heart Gems around the edges of both the larger and smaller Heart shapes..And there you go,....
Thanks for checking us out and enjoy your weekend..
See you soon.
Andy.

3 comments:

  1. Super card Andy - glad I'm not the only one who collects up the punched out bits when using dies like this LOL

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! Those are beautiful! What a talented lady you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the die used, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete