Friday 6 January 2012

It's not Terry's......

Hi everyone.. After the excesses of Christmas, I guess the next big event most of us can look forward to to legitimately pig out on Chocolate is Valentine’s Day...
So, here is an idea for you to make for your loved one and the best part about it is NO calories!!!This is an idea I got from Sam Poole, take a look at her wonderful Blog, she has some great crafting ideas for you....I started off by cutting out 20 x 1" and 20 x 3/4" squares using Chocolate Mocha coloured Core'dinations card stock. I used my Cricut to cut out the Squares for quickness, but a couple of Punch's of these sizes could just as easily be used..I then went around the edges of each of the Squares with a Copic Pen. Any dark colour or Pen, such as a ProMarker can be used as it is really just to add an element of shadow to the Squares. Although I did all 40 of the Squares, you really only need to do about half of each size as some of them will be covered up later on in the project.Once coloured I layered the smaller Squares on top of the larger ones using double sided foam pads.Next, I cut a piece of the Chocolate card stock at 4 1/2" x 6"and spaced out the layered Squares to form my Chocolate bar..Take a 6" x 6" piece of candy stripe paperand tear it towards youand then wrap it around the Chocolate Barto form some wrapping.I stamped my sentiment (taken from Sam Poole's set called - Chocolate) onto White card stock using some Distress Inks in complimentary colours to suit my projects, Festive Berries, Broken China and Brushed Corduroy. Each sentiment was cut out using Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four.To line up my sentiment with my Ribbon, I found it easier to stick the label to the Ribbonbefore applying it to the project..The bar of Chocolate was then applied to a complementary luxurious piece of card stock, (well, it is for Valentine’s Day after all!) adding a Big Chocolate Box Ribbon to the side of the project to finish it off....So, that's one for her,One for Him,One for someone else,And I'd be happy with this!! No, it's not Terry's, it's mine!!
Thanks for checking us out..
See you soon.
Andy..

2 comments:

  1. Was that some of the lovely card you found during your tidy-up?

    Fabulous cards Andy - perfect for any chocolate lover at any time of year but certainly ideal for Valentines.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, such a cool idea and card loving it, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete