Tuesday 11 October 2011

Demo Day, Distress Inks & Doggies...

Hi Blogland. I hope you had a good weekend? Before I share with you Today's project I thought I'd show you some of the pictures I took of our Demo Day with Lindsay Mason on Sunday..She brought along with her some wonderful samples for all of our crafters to look atand see what can be achieved with Alcohol Inks, Stamping and a little bit of imagination..She certainly kept our eager crafters enthralled with her techniques and dare I say "crafting banter".. An absolutely brilliant day.. I know I learnt a lot from Lindsay and dare say, so did everyone else. Can't wait to put all of the techniques into practice!!
Thanks so much for coming to visit us at Pinnacles Lindsay; we look forward to your next visit..Needless to say, one member of the Pinnacles Team slept through most of the day!! But she did enjoy all the cuddles in the brief moments she was awake..This puppy is certainly getting the love and attention she needs and deserves.....
Anyhoo... On with Today's project..Quite a simple one today...And although I have put a Christmas sentiment on the card, to be honest I think that it could be used for a Winter Birthday, or any other Birthday come to that!!I started off by colouring a piece of White card stock using Stormy Sky Distress Inkbefore embossing it with the Pine Tree Scene Embossing Folder.I then coloured from the bottom of the card stock using Shabby Shutters Distress Ink. Coming in from the bottom of the card stock potentially means that I will only get the Tree's as opposed to the Sky with the Green Ink.However, the foreground did catch a little too much of the Green Ink in my opinion, so I decided to cut it awayand mount it on to another piece of White Card stock to form a snowy foreground.Next, I matt and layered the scene onto some Silver & Blue Mirror cardbefore mounting it onto my prepared base cardand finishing off with my sentiment.
As I said before, although I have used it as a Christmas card it really could be for any occasion.. Which is great to get more than one use out of any piece of crafting equipment eh?!!
Thanks for checking us out..
See you soon.
Andy.

4 comments:

  1. Andy it was a fabulous day - so much to see & learn. The one downside was the numb-bum I ended up with because I didn't want to miss anything LOL

    Holly was a delight and certainly attracted plenty of fuss & attention.

    Great day.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Andy.
    And a very enjoyable Demo form the lovely Lindsay.
    Hugs
    Cally x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the demo's on Sunday, first time for me, mainly scrapbook but have learnt loads of things from the day. That puppy is just toooo cute, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete