Wednesday 15 September 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

Hi Blogland. Today is my Dads 70th Birthday. And he is a good 70! In fact he gets around better than me at the moment seeing as I pulled a muscle in my back the other day and I'm hobbling around like 70 year old myself! But, at least it's getting better!... slowly!!This is the card I made for him, and a quick step by step...I use this cut a lot for weddings, male cards and Art Deco projects. It was cut from the My World Cricut Cartridge @ 5 1/2" in both Black & Gold Mirror card, although I can't wait to get my hands on the Billionare cardtridge when it arrives at the end of the month, as there is another Art Deco style car available on that one too!!I cut the top off of the Black imageand mounted it onto the Gold to give a little more dimension and the look of an old soft top car. You know, like the ones in the old Black & White movies...Adding the Gold wheel trims,and then the tyres.I then took a piece of this fantastic Art Deco style card from Kanbanand cut out my sentiment twice which I had prepared on my Gypsy machine.. I just knew when I got my Gypsy that it would be so handy for this king of thing. The welding of different sentiments and images is such a great feature and takes the Cricut Machine onto the next level.And layered them together to give the sentiment strength and dimension.I prepared my base card by taking an A3 piece of White card stock folded in half,adding an A4 sheet of Black Mirror card,a slightly smaller matt of Gold Mirror card, I know it looks Silver but it is Gold honest!See!! I added an off cut of the Art Deco style card as a matt over the Gold Mirror, just to break up the shiny a little bit,before adding my sentiment and the car image....
Have a great day Dad, enjoy!!x
Thanks for checking us out, see you soon.
Andy.

5 comments:

  1. Once again Andy the photos don't do justice to your car, having seen it 'in the flesh', so to speak, I can say this for certain. At the risk of pinching Lyn's word!!!!! and being repetitive this is simply a stunning card. I'm sure your Dad will love it.

    Renee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great 'man card'!!! Happy 70th Birthday to your Dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Happy Birthday' Colin...Hope you have a wonderful 'special' day and I'm sure you will enjoy this fabulous card, crafted just for you by Andy...

    And Andy, this is just 'spectacular' thanks for sharing, and a very big well done!

    love French Lin ..xx..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy, hope your Dad has had a fab birthday - I'm sure he loved the card as it is just stunning.

    Thank you for yet another great idea.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Andy how stun.... I mean beautiful is this card. They just keep coming don't they, I don't really know what else to say except. Keep practising and you will get there in the end lol.

    Lyn

    ReplyDelete