Monday 5 April 2010

Hi Everyone, I hope you are enjoying your Easter Bank Holiday Weekend?? Not much of a break for us here at Pinnacles as we have been open all over the weekend, no rest for the wicked I guess..I've returned to my first love for Today's project.. Stamping! or to be more specific, Heat Embossing!! I can't remember the last time I did any but picking up the Heat gun and watching the Embossing Powder do it's stuff has reignited my passion for this technique. I still remember the first time I saw "the magic" happen when the Embossing Powder turned from a dull Grey to a shiny Silver.. How did it do that? I don't care, I just know I love the effect.I stamped out an image on Black & White card stock using Versa Mark Clear Ink and poured Silver Embossing Powder over the images and heat set them.I cut out alternate layers from both of the coloured card stockand then mounted them on top of each other with foam pads.I then mounted the whole Medallion image onto a Black & White Matt set which I had layered disproportionately, that's a log word for me! I usually Matt and layer proportionately I.E each layer the same measurement up from the last layer, but I am finding matting and layering disproportionately gives a really nice effect and is great for Matt and layering your photo's for Scrapbookig too..
So, there you have it, very simple but also very effective..
Thanks for checking us out.
See you soon.
Pinnacles.

4 comments:

  1. Very effective...black/white & silver always a stunning combination.

    Know you have been super busy Andy but we seem to be missing the 1st of the month post???

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Well done. Return of the mandalla in my most favourite form.

    Excellent to see Andy, monotone, heat embossing and mandalla's. ( Oooh! yes, and disproportionate layering a bit out of your comfort zone here!!!)

    A striking achievement, easily achieved and so many, many more options available. Thanks for sharing.

    Renee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great stamp you used! I also can never get enough of the magic of embossing powders :) Same as the magic of shrink plastic ... still makes me go oohhh and aahhh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I must agree I have missed this technique. I remember the my first attempt a few years ago after a class. I showed you my attempt of which I was so pleased with. As always you was full of praise of my achievements. It is only now that I look at the card and think how would I ecver get it in the post as it had about 10 layers. I do hope we are going to see more of these types of techniques. As always well done Andy. Lyn (wed)

    ReplyDelete