Friday 18 December 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!

OK, same title as my last post... But this time it really has snowed!!Apologies for not posting recently. As, I'm sure like the rest of you, I have been dashing here and there getting ready for the festive season.. So as I am almost prepared for the big day I did take some time to make some projects for some wonderful people who share my passion for my Cricut, well not my Cricut their own Cricut's.. Oh you know what I mean!!
Anyhoo, searching the world of blogland for a little piece of inspiration, I came across this wonderful blog.. Hop on over and take a look..So with inspo abound I set about making my own version..
I cut out a 6" Snowman image from Snow Friends (this is a limited edition cartridge and won't be around for long!) in Green non shedding Glitter card. I know a Green Snowman! but this is a Cricut card and Cricut calls for Green.. (just humour me..).
A few years a go I purchased the Store Front cartridge at a bargain price, and yes I have used it quite a lot as it has all things Cuttlebug and Cricut on it.. I saw it recently for an absolute fortune so I was glad I got it when I did.. So as it has the Cricut images on it I cut out the Cricut characters head image at 3 1/2" again on Green Glitter card.The eyes were cut from White glossy card stock, one at 1 1/4" and the other at 1". The little dot for the pupil was just the waste from the original head cut.Using the next button on the Snow Friends Cartridge I cut out the Scarf and Gloves and stuck them to the Snowman image with Pinflair Glue.Then over layed the head image onto the top of the Snowman.The process for each of the images was the same, I just changed the colour of the Scarf and Gloves..Taking a piece of 6 3/4" paper and my trusty Punch Around the Page punch I added a snowy border to the paper.First cutting the corners
and then connecting the border to go all around the page.. And look at all the wonderfall waste which can be used for other projects!!If you haven't used these before, give them a go. Simple instructions are in the box they come in and add a great feature to an otherwise boring edge!!
I cut a simple Merry Christmas sentiment from Lyrical Letters at 2 1/2" and put the cards together..In PinkIn Blue
In CopperIn Gold.
I hope you like the cards and the concept behind them and a great big Thank You to Terry for the inspiration..

Thanks for checking us out
See you soon
Pinnacles.....

4 comments:

  1. I love snowmen and my Cricut. What a wonderful combo. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute Andy, really "Cool" as Bethany would say :)
    Merry Christmas!
    PS. I like the blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cute Cricut-mas cards.

    Pretty blog background - I love snowflakes.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great great idea!! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete