Friday 10 July 2009

Finial


....architecture a carved decoration at the top of a gable, spire, or arched structure.... Well that is what the dictionary describes it as.
I have been playing with my cricut looking for shapes and came across this one on Christmas/Noel... To me it looks like a long bauble... I remember having something like this on the tree when I was a kid.. I'm sure it was bright purple and hung on a a white tree with all other colour baubles, no particular colour scheme... If you saw it now you would have thought someone had just thrown the stuff at the tree and hoped for the best..This however was the 70's and I don't think anyone really cared. Strange how a shape 30 years down the line can evoke such a memory eh... Have a think...
Anyway, here is my 2009 version of my 1970's bauble...
And for those who will be joining us over the weekend for our Christmas in July Weekend.. See you there... and thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Oooooo, I love these. Just love that shape - I remember having some baubles this shape on our tree when we were growing up (they were the posh glass ones that Mum put in pride of place at the front of the tree)

    Great cards.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...these cards are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got one tree topper just like it two years ago for our tree because it reminded me of my childhood too. Great way to use them on that elegant card.

    ReplyDelete